Monday 8 September 2008

VERB PATTERN

Some exercise with verb pattern:
Verb + to infinitive

Example:
He pretended to be working
She expects to be promoted soon
I hope to have finished this by tomorrow
I waited to being dinner
They wanted to come to the party

Such as: agree, decide, fail, hope, and refuse

Verb + to infinitive or ingVerb + to infinitive or ing


I prefer to go to the cinema.
She remembered having had the dream before

Such as: like, prefer, remember, and forget

Verb + objective + bear infinitive



Bear infinitive: An infinitive without to. Example: Let

Let my people go

Verb + object + to infinitive


I choose him to go

Such as: Choose, expect, intend, and want

Verb + object + ing (gerund)



I anticipated him going

Such as : Dislike, enjoy, risk, insist on

No comments: